Terms and Conditions
Supplemental terms may apply to certain Services, such as policies for a particular event, activity or promotion, and such supplemental terms may be disclosed to you in connection with the applicable Service. Supplemental terms are in addition to, and shall be deemed a part of, the Terms & Conditions for the purposes of the applicable Services. Supplemental terms shall prevail over these Terms & Conditions in the event of a conflict with respect to the applicable Services.
You, Customer, Sender and User- refers to the individual that has registered to use Mobi-Remit Services and is giving consent to the terms outlined in this document.
Us, we, and Company and "Mobi-Remit” refers to Mobi-Remit Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, as applicable.
Money Transfer or Remittance or Sending money- refers to the transmission of funds to a designated beneficiary or recipient.
Beneficiary- refers to the individual(s) designated by you as the recipient of the Money Transfer.
Partners- refers to entities such as retailers, third party agents, financial institutions, paying agents, etc. appointed by or working with us, to process and pay out Transactions in the destination country identified in your payment instructions.
Transaction - refers to a specific instruction to send money through our Service.
Transaction Fee (USD)-refers to the fee we charge in connection with/to a particular transaction.
Amount To Send (USD) refers to the amount in US dollars that you provide to us for transmittal to the recipient.
'Total Amount Charged (USD)', 'Total To Pay (USD) ', 'Pay (USD)' or 'Total Pay (USD)' Refers to the amount your card is charged inclusive of the transaction fee and the amount to send (Total To Pay)
Total To Pay (USD) Refers to the amount your card is charged inclusive of the transaction fee and the amount to send (Total Amount Charged)
'Amount To Receive' or 'Received' refers to the amount paid out to the Beneficiary, excluding any fees, taxes or charges that may be levied under the laws of the recipient country or collected on the remittance transfer by a third party.
“Country" means the country in which the Recipient receives money through the Service.
"Local Taxes" means any taxes or charges payable in the Destination Country.
"Payment Instrument" means a valid instrument of payment such as a bank account, debit card or credit card.
"Recipient" means someone who receives money through the Service.
"Sender" means someone who uses the Service to send money.
"Third Party Service Provider" means a local bank, money exchange house, or other agents in the Destination Country with whom Mobi-Remit works in providing the Service.
“Recipient Mobile” : Refers to the beneficiary’s mobile phone number linked to the amount sent, which may be used to provide access to the money received.
What you need to know about our Services.
In order to access and use this web-site and avail of any facility provided, you must be an individual of at-least 18 years of age who can enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law. You must have an e-mail address and a mobile phone. You acknowledge that by initiating a Transaction, you are requesting Mobi-Remit to process your Transaction, an offer which the service provider may accept or reject at its sole discretion.
You may access our Services by registering for an account through our Website ( www.mobi-remit.com) or our Mobile Applications. You may also register for an account by sending an email to Mobi-remit customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
After creating a Mobi-Remit account, every time you submit a Transaction, you are placing an order for us to process and payout a Money Transfer, which we may accept or reject at our sole discretion. Mobi-Remit may also require additional information from you or your beneficiary, as explained in the following section, to process the Transaction.
Information we may collect from you.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the law requires us to obtain, verify, and record information about you when you create a Mobi-Remit account. To create an account, we will ask for your first and last name, mobile number and other information that will enable us to identify you.
We may also lawfully obtain information about you from other sources without your knowledge or approval, including non-personal identifying information that we may obtain while you visit this website or mobile applications.
As part of accepting your order to process and payout a Money Transfer, we will also require you to provide certain information about the beneficiary, including without limitation the following: name, mobile, account details, recipient contact information and country.
“Mobi-Remit” Mobi-Remit is an online portal providing registered users an online money transfer platform & records remittance requests. Mobi-Remit will disburse the amount to the provided recipients’ mobile phone numbers or bank accounts as instructed by the registered user using Mobile money transfer services and correspondent banking network.
1. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, we agree to provide the Service to you using reasonable care. The Service may not be available in whole or in part in certain regions, countries, or jurisdictions.
2. We may decline to create a Profile for you or provide the Service(s) to you, or may discontinue providing such Service(s) to you at any time, in our sole discretion. We may, without notice (except as required by law) and without liability to you, immediately terminate or suspend your access to our Services at any time, including without limitation, if;
o you attempt to transfer or charge funds from an account that does not belong to you or from an account which does not have sufficient available funds or has expired, or if you are paying by credit card, there is an insufficient available line of credit;
o you attempt to tamper, hack, modify or otherwise corrupt the security or functionality of our system;
o we receive conflicting claims regarding ownership of, or the right to withdraw funds from a debit or credit card account;
o We notice any kind of suspicious activity;
o You have breached a term or condition of these terms and conditions, or any representation or warranty that you make under these terms and conditions are false;
3. We may obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who registers on our website and initiates a transfer this is all in line with curbing money laundering activities and funding terrorism which is required from any money transfer unit by the law.
4. We may record your calls for quality assurance purposes.
5. We may without liability to you, terminate or suspend your access to our services at any time and for any reason by giving you 30 days prior notice.
1. As a condition of your use of the Services, you consent to register with us. We can only complete your registration if you provide us with all the details we require from you, including (without limitation) details relating to your identity and proof of address and any other information we may require from you.
2. You consent to having your bank account debited (or credited), your debit card account debited (or credited) and/or your credit card account charged against electronically to pay for any transfers you initiate, as well as any applicable fees, including transfer Fees, and other charges.
3. You agree that if you initiate any transfers through our Website, you are representing that all of the information provided by you in your Profile or on our Website is accurate.
4. You consent to electronically signing by use of an electronic signature such as a password that evidences your identity required documents and agreements; and receiving all required disclosures, notices, statements and other communications from us electronically.
5. You must use your User ID (mobile number) and a private security code created by you that permits access to your Profile (your "Password"), to initiate a transfer. You agree that your Password has the same effect as your written signature and can be used to authorize transfers.
6. You agree not to divulge your Password to any other person, and you agree not to use another person's User ID or Password. If, notwithstanding the foregoing prohibition, you give your Password to another person, you will be deemed to have authorized such person to use that Password for any and all purposes, without limitation.
7. You agree to assume the entire responsibility at all times for the supervision, management, control and confidentiality of your Password or user credentials.
8. You agree that, to the extent permitted by law, you will assume the entire risk for fraudulent or unintentional use of your Password and that neither Mobi-Remit nor any Service Provider shall have any responsibility or liability to you or any other person for any losses or damages which you or anyone else may suffer if you disclose your Password to any other person, including any losses or damages arising out of the disclosure of your Password by the recipient to another person.
9. You agree to that it is your responsibility to ensure all transaction details are accurate before submission. Once a transaction has been submitted it is impossible for a change/reversal to be effected. Therefore check the details carefully.
10. Mobi-Remit will not be responsible for any fees or charges that you may incur by using any payment tool to fund a transaction for example increased interest rates imposed by the banks.
11. You agree to personally provide identifiable information about you, such as your name, address, date of birth, etc. that will help us to identify you. We may also request other identifying documents or information.
12. By sending a transaction in one currency (USD) the recipient is paid using a different currency, therefore there will be a difference in the exchange rate of which we buy the foreign currency and extra charges will be incurred.
13. We do not accept any liability for damages resulting from non-payment or delay in payment of a money transfer to a Recipient or failure to perform a transaction under the Service by reason of any of these matters.
14. You will only use Mobi-Remit Services to send money to people that you know but not to purchase any goods/services should you breach this clause Mobi-Remit will have no control or responsibility over quality, safety, legality of such goods and using such will be at your own peril.
15. You will not monitor the Mobi-Remit website using any device/tools without written permission from the Directors.
16. Cancellation: You have a right to unsubscribe from our service; you can opt out by sending us an email to email@example.com.
17. You consent to your user, card and transaction information being securely stored on our servers.
18. You agree that you will not use any other card information other than that which is provided personally to you via the card issuer and you will not share the same details with anyone else for use on the Mobi-Remit platform.
19. You agree that you will not attempt to or hide your identity or your location information.
20. You agree to notify Mobi-Remit via written communication should there be any change in ownership of your registered mobile phone number within 24 hours.
21. You agree to notify Mobi-Remit via written communication within 24-hours, should access to your registered card information or user account credentials be compromised.
We value all our customers and take our obligations seriously. We have established internal procedures for investigating any complaint that may be made against us in relation to any Services we provide. In accordance with our complaints procedure, any complaint you may make must be made or confirmed to us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall investigate your concerns and respond to you promptly.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
o Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
o civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
o Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
o Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
o The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and
o Pandemic or epidemic.
Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavors to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
We do not, in any event, accept responsibility for:
Malfunctions in communications facilities which cannot reasonably be considered to be under our control and that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages you send to us;
Any losses or delays in transmission of messages arising out of the use of any internet service provider or caused by any browser or other software which is not under our control;
Any illegal activity that is performed by you or a third party on our platform;
Errors on the website or with the Service caused by incomplete or incorrect information (such as wrong recipient mobile phone number, amount and country) provided to us by you or a third party.
We respect the privacy of the affairs of all our customers and always aim to treat customer information as confidential and to use customer information in confidence.
We will not treat customer information as confidential where it is already public knowledge or where it becomes public knowledge through no fault of our own.
We may disclose customer information if we are required to do so by law, by a court, by court order, to meet any statutory, legal or regulatory requirement on us, or by the police or any other law enforcement agency in connection with the prevention or detection of crime or to help combat fraud or money laundering. We may also report suspicious activity to appropriate law enforcement organizations’ or other government agencies.
OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time without your consent.
Termination of our agreement under these Terms and Conditions does not affect your or our accrued rights and obligations at the date of termination.
A failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided by these Terms and Conditions or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or a waiver of other rights or remedies. No single or partial exercise of a right or remedy provided by these Terms and Conditions or by law prevents further exercise of the right or remedy or the exercise of another right or remedy.
In case any provision in or obligation under these Terms and Conditions shall be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions or obligations, or of such provision or obligation in any other jurisdiction, shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
You may not assign, transfer or create any trust in respect of, or purport to assign, transfer or create any trust in respect of, a right or obligation under these Terms and Conditions.
Neither these Terms and Conditions nor any transaction carried out under them shall confer contractual or other rights on, or be enforceable against us by, any party other than you.
Help and information;
If you have any queries or require a copy of these Terms and Conditions (or any document comprised in them), please contact us using the contact details given.
We aim to provide the highest level of customer service possible. If you do experience a problem, we will always seek to resolve this as quickly and efficiently as possible. However, if you are unhappy and would like to make a complaint, please send an email to email@example.com for dealing with complaints promptly and fairly.